Added Mar 17, 2014
United States , ...
I used Simplicity 1887 for these shorts. It’s a painfully easy pattern… it’s what I needed to help work on some fitting issues I have with pants/shorts in the bum area. They turned out so much better then I imagined— I’m not a huge fan of front pleats or elastic in a waistband like this… but I got a phenomenal fit on my rear end and back thighs with a couple of small alterations to my pattern.
I used a linen material I dyed blue.
See how I got shorts to actually fit properly onto my pear shape here on my blog Kathy Sews.
Linen, possibly with cotton blended in because it doesn’t wrinkle nearly as much as one would think.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.