My Bard Costume
Added Aug 10, 2011
This costume is for a new bard role I played at a summer LARP this weekend. I made the shirt and corset myself, and the skirt was bought at a second-hand store.
The shirt is McCalls 4091 in some medium weight, white linen. It was very fast and easy to make, and is very versatile.
The corset is my own pattern, has 10 panels in total, and is made in blue and brown linen. One side is all brown and the other side is brown with 2 blue side panels. I wear the brown/blue side in the photoshoot. The corset can be laced both in the front and back, but had to be in front for the photoshoot, as I didn’t have somebody to tie it for me. It is stiffened with both plastic bones and rigilene.
The corset became way too big, hense the need for a belt to keep it in place.
I also decorated the tambourine with a total of 6 ribbons in 3 colors.
Shirt: 3,5 m white linen, 3 m white satin ribbon, tread
corset: app. 1,0 m brown linen, app. 0,5 blue linen, iron-on interfacing, 20 metal eyelets, 1,5 m plastic bone, 1,5 m tube trim for plastic bone, 1,5 m rigilene, 2 m white satin ribbon, tread
Tambourine: 6* 1,5 m ribbon in 3 colors