Added May 16, 2010
Merthyr Tydfil, ...
this was based on the anna top pattern. at first, this top proved to be somewhat of a disaster! it was a fairly simple pattern to follow, although i found that once i had sewn it all up, it was way too small in the bust area, and would not come anywhere near closing at the front. refusing to give up, took all the seams out as far as i could, but found it still too small, so i made an extra panels to go down the front, and used buttons to fasten these together. after all that, it was still that bit too small, because i still cannot do up the top button!!
i also found it came out just a little too low cut for my taste, so i attempted to add a little lace to fix this. i did not gather the bust as described in the instructions, as this would have made it even smaller!
although overall, i was pleased with how it looked, and figured i would simply wear a vest top underneath to compensate for the lowness and the top button. other than that, a nice pattern, a lovely top, and i would definatly make another of these (only a few sizes bigger!!)
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
Member Project of the Week
A gorgeous confection with a surprise peach chiffon layer.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.