Added Dec 3, 2011
This is my first coat sewn from a Burda pattern. I wanted it to be warm with a very deep removable hood and a look a little retro. I used a coupon of 3m fabric bought at 3 euros in a market, a satin lining khaki green and a few pieces of faux fur for cuffs and around the hood.
I have slightly modified the pattern, I Blew Up the neck, changed the shape of the pockets and sleeves and added a single row of buttons and a martingale in the back.
It took me about 10 working days to complete this coat. The more complicated was the tailored collar and installation of the liner for which I used a very slippery fabric … it was hell but now it’s heaven to slip in! : )
Faux fur, mixed fabric, satin, buttons
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
The results are in! Check out our winning submission.
Daydream about fall sewing with boho layers, oversized jackets, and a leopard pencil skirt.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.