Added May 4, 2014
London, United K...
Adult version of the tiered skirt I made for my niece. This time with fitted tier 1 & A-line underlayer & lining. And 400+ manually zig-zagged scallops!
But the result is well worth it. The skirt is as versatile as I had hoped!
1. Tobacco laser cut lacy polyester faux suede from Joann in the USA
2. Underlining: Tangerine 85gsm 60% acetate / 40% bemberg (rayon) taffeta lining from Bernstein & Banleys (aka The Lining Company)
3. Lining: Tangerine 85gsm 100% bemberg cupro (rayon) ponginette taffeta lining from Bernstein & Banleys (aka The Lining Company)
4. Perfect Sew liquid stabilizer, Dylon Spray Starch, tear-away paper stablizer, water-soluble plastic stabilizer
5. So Sheer lightweight tricot interfacing, Opti Concealed Zip from John Lewis, hooks & eyes
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.