Added May 4, 2014
London, United K...
Adult version of the tiered skirt I made for my niece. This time with fitted tier 1 & A-line underlayer & lining. And 400+ manually zig-zagged scallops!
But the result is well worth it. The skirt is as versatile as I had hoped!
1. Tobacco laser cut lacy polyester faux suede from Joann in the USA
2. Underlining: Tangerine 85gsm 60% acetate / 40% bemberg (rayon) taffeta lining from Bernstein & Banleys (aka The Lining Company)
3. Lining: Tangerine 85gsm 100% bemberg cupro (rayon) ponginette taffeta lining from Bernstein & Banleys (aka The Lining Company)
4. Perfect Sew liquid stabilizer, Dylon Spray Starch, tear-away paper stablizer, water-soluble plastic stabilizer
5. So Sheer lightweight tricot interfacing, Opti Concealed Zip from John Lewis, hooks & eyes
30 select jacket and coat patterns are now marked down to $3.99.
Pattern of the Week
The wrap shape creates a flattering V neckline and looks good on every body type!
Learn why every seamstress can benefit from flat patternmaking from instructor Deborah Moebes.
How to Grade, Draft, Design, and Sew Leggings with Meg!
Go far afield in wrap dresses, detailed jackets, and comfy separates for fall.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.