Added Jul 13, 2010
This was actually the first skirt I started on but finished after the Big flowers version because I knew it’d take some time to acurately add the bias tape I had cut out from the fabric I’d used for the waistband. And indeed it did! Definitely worth the effort, though. I love how neat it looks (if you don’t look too much here and there, hehe).
The skirt is 3cm longer than the pattern and and 2cm longer than the other version I made. They look pretty different in style despite being based on the same pattern and the different length adds to that.
waistband and bias tape out of cotton, skirt body out of linen, concealed zipper, interfacing for the waistband
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.