Added Oct 21, 2009
by Bobby Star
Santa Rosa, Cali...
First finished pieces of my Halloween Costume. THe hat was super quick and I modified it slightly. Pattern called for elastic under the chin, but I attatched a comb instead, and the band was supost to be wire mesh, and I didn’t want to work with it, so it’s the same color fabric as the pieces of the dress I cut out. I’m also not going to point out my mistakes on the jacket either.
Fake suade as a replacement for velvet, poly-cotton blend for the hat, also replaced elastic with a comb on the hat.
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.