Added May 4, 2014
My Sew for Victory project – the blouse from Burda from August 1950 reprinted in Burda from May 2014.
I made two things differently from what the instructions said – Burda tells us to double fold the edges and stitch them. There is the point in the blouse – the 180 degrees curve, where such solution gave an ugly result. Instead, I just added bias tape binding.
I also skipped the loops and sewn on long sashes to tie them at the back, it looks better this way and it’s easier for me to fit the blouse around my waist.
Overall, a very nice pattern with no fitting issues, fairly easy to sew (depends on the fabric you choose, of course). The only difficult part was to pull the jabot part through the narrow tunnel on th right front, I was doing it with the help of a long paintbrush and a crochet hook… That was the stragest in shape thing I’ve ever sewn. v And it was the first time I’ve ever made something so quickly from the current Burda’s issue! If I was to sew this blouse again I might make one more change – I’d consider leaving a few centimetre gap in one of the side seams to pull through one of the waist ties.
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.