Added Dec 8, 2009
New York, New Yo...
I’m really happy with the way this jacket turned out.
I didn’t have a proper pattern, I used an existing jacket as a pattern and reshaped the collar and pockets.
The quilted fabric I got at a thrift store for $1 – major score. I love the vintage look. It’s lined with a material sort of like minky, very soft. It was my first time making a jacket, making a collar, open zipper and button flap. the hardest thing was to figure out what to sew first and how to properly attach the lining. Much to my surprise, it seems I did a good job taking the pattern from the jacket, because the pieces all matched. I checked out a book from the library about sewing jackets and it helped.
I added the ducky buttons and appliqued the chick in the back as a little surprise for Miss G.
Luckily, it matches her outfit!
prequilted fabric, lining fabric, duck buttons, ric-rac, thread, zipper
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.