Added Dec 8, 2009
New York, New Yo...
I’m really happy with the way this jacket turned out.
I didn’t have a proper pattern, I used an existing jacket as a pattern and reshaped the collar and pockets.
The quilted fabric I got at a thrift store for $1 – major score. I love the vintage look. It’s lined with a material sort of like minky, very soft. It was my first time making a jacket, making a collar, open zipper and button flap. the hardest thing was to figure out what to sew first and how to properly attach the lining. Much to my surprise, it seems I did a good job taking the pattern from the jacket, because the pieces all matched. I checked out a book from the library about sewing jackets and it helped.
I added the ducky buttons and appliqued the chick in the back as a little surprise for Miss G.
Luckily, it matches her outfit!
prequilted fabric, lining fabric, duck buttons, ric-rac, thread, zipper
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.