Military / Safari Shorts
Added May 28, 2010
Bristol, United ...
I made these shorts using pattern 120 from Burda 06-2009. I wouldn’t normally wear shorts but I’d definitely recommend this pattern because it’s a good, flattering fit and would probably work in loads of different fabrics. I didn’t make a muslin or any adjustments and am happy with the fit although I may go a size bigger if I sew them again. The instructions are difficult to understand as usual but a few folds, tucks and mismatched seams and they turned out alright in the end.
If you’re considering making some shorts, make these!
You can see more picture and read about how I made these on my blog Parakeet Pie
1m of khaki green poly cotton (I think but not sure as it came in a remnant pack I bought online) 1 zip 2 pairs of 1" D-rings (the pattern says buckles but I didn’t have any)