Added Sep 12, 2013
I used the Burda pattern #113 for this project and added a few of my own touches to the top. I decided that a metallic leather chording would break up the pattern inbetween the bodice and the bottom of the shirt. I also lined the entire top so that it appeared to be more stiff.
I drafted my own pattern for the skirt. It was made out of a stretch metallic looking fabric.
Check out my blog for more details! By-brooke.blogspot.com
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.