Added Jul 22, 2014
by cris orange
A bombshell dress was for a long time on my to do list.
As I am totally fascinated by pattern construction, I decided to give it a try.
Startpoint was my already constructed base pattern which I made tighter as described in the book for a corsage.
Making the cups was not desribed in the book, but if you once understand the base principle, it´s not so difficult. Anyway, I made 2 muslins, the second one fitted me very well.
For sewing the cups I followed the tips of Gretchen Hirsch in her online class Sew Retro Perfect Bombshell Dress .
I made padding fort he cups, so I don´t need a bra – very practical in summer.
The fabric had a flower border which I used as a ruffle – again a little bit shorter in the front.
I am very happy with my new bombshell dress!
The only thing I still want to make, is putting some elastic tape underneath the back neckline, so the dress fits tightly, because the cotton has some lycra and becomes looser when wearing it…
Cotton with some Lycra
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.