Added Jul 9, 2010
by Peter Lappin
New York, United...
This is a swimsuit I made from McCall’s 8026, a vintage 1984 pattern. It’s simple to make — just two pattern pieces! I serged the edges, rolled them under and topstitched, adding elastic to the waist but not to the legs; they weren’t needed. Very comfy and fits nicely.
More on my blog, Male Pattern Boldness.
I used a very sturdy stretch poly knit — not flimsy at all. Very much like the fabric swimsuits were made from long ago. Thick too.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.