Added Jul 9, 2010
by Peter Lappin
New York, United...
This is a swimsuit I made from McCall’s 8026, a vintage 1984 pattern. It’s simple to make — just two pattern pieces! I serged the edges, rolled them under and topstitched, adding elastic to the waist but not to the legs; they weren’t needed. Very comfy and fits nicely.
More on my blog, Male Pattern Boldness.
I used a very sturdy stretch poly knit — not flimsy at all. Very much like the fabric swimsuits were made from long ago. Thick too.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.