Added Dec 16, 2010
While I’m in a bit of a creative slump I thought I’d post something I made this summer. I don’t have much experience making menswear so it’s pretty flawed, but I’d like to encourage people to upload more men’s projects.
This was my first attempt at a men’s suit jacket. I used linen for the outside and lightweight cotton for the (utterly mismatched) lining. The pattern is from the june 2007 issue of Knipmode – it was the only suit jacket pattern I own. The fit is quite loose but otherwise pretty good – I would like to try out some different styles though, wish there was more choice in men’s patterns available. Unfortunately I’m not confident enough to draft men’s patterns myself yet. The lining was not included in the original pattern, so I added this myself as the jacket didn’t seem quite right without it. The buttons are taken of an old garment and reused.
Linen (ca 2.5m), lining (ca. 2m), buttons, interfacing, shoulder pads
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.