Added Jun 1, 2011
Medieval dress-up party!
Had to make 6 people costumes in 2 weeks. It was incredibly hard to juggle school, work and then this. I made a total of 3 capes, 3 monk outfits and 2 dresses.
The dresses were made out of Penne Velvet, the Monks and the Warlock(black) were made out of cotton and the silver and black cape were made out of Penne Velvet while the red cape was made out of Velvet.
I also put this project as ‘Intermediate’ the only issue was time, and a slight shortage in fabric that caused me to cut against the grain. I tried not to use the pattern once i started sewing. (I usually don’t put marks and notches on pieces, a bad habit i know, but i didn’t have enough time.) I used the hood pattern from the cape for the monk hoods.
PATTERNS: Simplicity 5520
Jacci Jaye’s Corset Pattern (On Burda)
Halloween: Unisex cloak (On Burda)
Also, please please ask questions, I will be very happy to answer them. :D
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.