Added Sep 10, 2012
by Julia Morley
I wish I could adequately show you the soft-and-fuzziness of this dress – it’s on the border between velour, jersey knit, and fleecy blanket material. The dress was made from McCall’s 6103, the headband and the panties were made from McCalls 6015.
M6103 is a nice pattern – it’s a standard no-frills, not-dumbed down, pattern for a onesie (and things that can be derived from onesies). I’m not sure if it’s really worth sewing onesies given how cheap they can be, but it was really nice to learn how they are constructed, so I’m really happy I did it. I went with the dress derivative because sending a handmade onesie just seemed less special
The panties from M6015 are awesome! One piece of fabric went from flat to full panties in about 20 minutes (I didn’t do the bias tape casing they suggested). Perhaps the easiest thing I’ve made in a while. The flower on the headband actually came from the pattern for the petal dress from Amy over at Naptime Crafters – I was going to put it on the petal dress I made, but it seemed to big and bulky for it by the time I was done, so I put it here instead.