NEW BurdaStyle
Best of Blogging List!

Subscribe to our FREE digital newsletter and
receive the new Top 50 Bloggers List for
sewing, fashion and craft enthusiasts!

McCalls 5529

Added Sep 28, 2013

by laurenp

London, United K...






Using McCalls 5529 from the 1940s, I made this shirtwaist dress out of a red cotton/linen blend. The buttons are vintage as well.
I lengthened the bodice about an inch and a half, although I’m wondering if I really should have now.

More on my blog

Material Notes

Cotton/linen blend, woven iron-on interfacing, vintage plastic buttons, press studs.


3 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • Missing

    Sep 28, 2013, 02.09 PMby laurenp

    Thanks! My photos aren’t great, unfortunately. I plan to make this pattern up again, so will take better photos eventually. I managed to line up the skirt gores and bodice seams, but one is off. It’s only by a few mm, and wearing a belt means it’s not noticeable at all.

  • Img_2020_large

    Sep 28, 2013, 01.53 PMby Deanna31

    Oh, you lengthened the bodice. All the seams seam to be in the same place as the picture. I think its ok

  • Img_2020_large

    Sep 28, 2013, 01.51 PMby Deanna31

    Wow, it looks great! Fantastic in red. I wish I could see the front a little better though. I think the length looks really good on you.

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites 7 people added it