Added Sep 24, 2012
This is a dress I made to attend my very first Bar Mitzvah. I used McCall’s 6320 and made a few changes. The main ones being that I added a lining, more pleating to the skirt, and filled it with tulle to create the bubble effect. I think of it more as a muslin. It definitely needs work and maybe some boning and an interlining in the bodice. I did feel pretty in it though.
I call it “Mary Mary” because I was inspired by the beautiful work of Mary Katrantzou.
2 yds printed poly blend for the dress and a couple of yds. for the lining.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.