Added Nov 17, 2009
London, United K...
This is made from the Marie skirt pattern
which I have been meaning to try for AGES – I love the shape and high waist. I did have some problems making it, chiefly because I made a bad choice of material to use – too light. Also I think I should’ve made it in a smaller size from the start but I started too big and ended up having to undo the waistband and side seams halfway through, which means that the zip looks a bit messy close up after a few un-pickings… never mind, I am enjoying now it’s here! I also took a few inches off the bottom to make it shorter.
Cotton nylon – light and slightly shiny. Sounds horrible but is actually quite nice!
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.