Maleficent: The Jacket
Added Sep 4, 2012
I know I say this every time, but this is the best thing I have ever made! It blows everything else out of the water. The making of this jacket even brought on a small revelation (for a later post). I’m not going to lie, it took a really long time to make, like a month and a half. Not because that’s how long you would actually need to make it, but because I made a toile, I made adjustments, I altered the pattern for future reference and most importantly I didn’t rush it! I took my time, I blind stitched the hem by hand, along with the lining, and I enjoyed it.
I used an early 1940’s Vintage Vogue pattern (I’ll post the number when I find it). It depicted the jacket as more of a cotton or viscose dress jacket to be worn over a slip, however I interpreted it as a modern/vintage suit jacket.
I made it out of a nice mid weight crepe with great drape, and fully lined it in beautiful liquid Mercury grey silk. It has a nice nipped waist where it closes with an internal button and loop. But instead of yammering on about the details, here are some close ups -
As to Why I am green in the first few pictures, Well you can read about that here – Molly-Made
Grey Silk lining