Added Jun 6, 2008
this was my very first sewing project ever in the world’s history :p i decided to go far & combine the marie skirt pattern and bodice sloper pattern into a dress, and after musing about the patterns & my rather weird body figure, i finally finished the dress in about 2 weeks.
i think i did something wrong with the neckline of the bodice part though, cuz my head can’t fit in XD so i just added some clip buttons (whatever it’s called) on the left side of shoulder part, it works like a charm :)
i loooooooove this dress, no matter how untidy my sewing is! thanks to BurdaStyle & JJ for these patterns!
ps. i named this dress the madhatter’s tea party dress, cuz the pattern of the fabric somehow reminds me of the whimsical world of Alice in Wonderland :)
heavyweight cotton (that’s actually meant for curtains)
BurdaStyle, and JJ
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.