Added Feb 18, 2013
My Macaron Redux dress began as a sketch in my notebook back in March of 2011 for a pretty, feminine dress with a peplum using Colette’s Macaron bodice, as the base for the bodice and using the jenny skirt for the bottom of the dress. I drafted my own cap sleeves, godet, and peplum pieces.
After reading many sewing books, I decided to apply various of couture sewing techniques onto this one dress for fun; I’m a sewing nerd like that. I’ve taken many construction photos along the way and have it all documented on my blog: http://zilredloh.com if you care to read further.
But here’s a quick listing of what I did, most of which were done by hand.
Bias bound neckline and armsyce (using nude silk charmuse)
Bullion stitch thread loops
Lining set in by hand with fell stitches
All seams have been stabilized in various ways using silk organza or twill tape
Lapped side seam zipper, by hand
and much more…
Cranberry 3-ply Silk crepe, Nude Silk Charmeuse as underlining and lining, black lace overlay, black light weight suiting wool for the skirt, silk organza for stabilization
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.