Added Feb 18, 2013
My Macaron Redux dress began as a sketch in my notebook back in March of 2011 for a pretty, feminine dress with a peplum using Colette’s Macaron bodice, as the base for the bodice and using the jenny skirt for the bottom of the dress. I drafted my own cap sleeves, godet, and peplum pieces.
After reading many sewing books, I decided to apply various of couture sewing techniques onto this one dress for fun; I’m a sewing nerd like that. I’ve taken many construction photos along the way and have it all documented on my blog: http://zilredloh.com if you care to read further.
But here’s a quick listing of what I did, most of which were done by hand.
Bias bound neckline and armsyce (using nude silk charmuse)
Bullion stitch thread loops
Lining set in by hand with fell stitches
All seams have been stabilized in various ways using silk organza or twill tape
Lapped side seam zipper, by hand
and much more…
Cranberry 3-ply Silk crepe, Nude Silk Charmeuse as underlining and lining, black lace overlay, black light weight suiting wool for the skirt, silk organza for stabilization
This collection will make you shine in front of the camera!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by this lovely coral dress with ties and bows!
DIY to Try
Make yourself a lovely hair band this spring!
Join the summer party this season and make one these colorful styles!
Pattern of the Week
This pencil skirt is perfect for everyday wear! We love it in floral.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.