Added Jan 20, 2012
by lisa g
i fell in love with colette patterns macaron dress the minute i saw it. it’s been on my radar for a while and i’m super excited that i finally got it made up!
i used 6.5 oz denim for the main body and a white cotton voile (lightly polka dotted, you only notice it up close) for the yolk contrast. i did make two changes to the pattern. first, i converted the bust and waist dart to a princess seam and added a button and loop closure in the back. i thought the neckline might be a little snug to get over my head (i have issues wiggling out of side zip dresses) so i did this for extra insurance in case i got stuck! also for a couple minor changes— the pattern calls for facings at the neckline, but since i was using a semi-sheer i opted for a bias tape facing and a very narrow facing for the edge of the sleeves. lastly, the pattern doesn’t call for a lining, but i added a red lining (bemberg rayon) just under the denim parts. definitely makes for a cleaner finish on the inside!
for more construction details, please visit my blog! notes from a mad housewife
shell: 6.5 oz denim, cotton voile. lining: bemberg rayon
Fashion & Trends
Sparkle in any outfit with these great styling tips
Fashion & Trends
Save 50% On 27 Stunning Dress Patterns with the code NYE2014!
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.