Added Jul 16, 2014
Battle Creek, Un...
This is my version of the Colette Anise. I started my first muslin at the start of October 2012 and after countless muslins and struggles finished it about 2 months later. Cotton flannel on the outside, fully lined with an ivory/ivory polka dot silk twill and hiding between them is a layer of lambswool. The collar, self-covered buttons and welt pockets are micro suede.
I took my time to try my hand at several new-to-me techniques. I tried bound buttonholes, and individually they look good. As a set, they are not uniform enough to make me happy. Rather than recut the front panel and try again, I stitched perma-buttons over them and used snaps as closures. On a larger scale, my first ever welt pockets turned out perfectly. This was my first FBA (a large one of 1.5 inches). You can see where I kept the dart it created. You can also see I had no idea how to apply it to the facing/lining pieces and ended up with a breast curve. On the back piece is a fine example of plaid matching. This was my first time working with plaid.
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.