Lucy's wedding/burial gown Movie from Dracula By Francis F....

Added Dec 14, 2009

by helly-k

Seattle, Washing...

76d31529c6f4d12e1859130354c310b1dbc9a09b_thumb

Views

3930

P1020980_large

Description

This was yet another collaboration project. A very complicated one, We didn’t make the actual wedding dress. Not enough time. What we did was all the accessories. The hat piece, the neck piece, the bib, the sleeves, the train of the dress. All those pieces were incredibly difficult to make. This is seriously a job for advance people. We are amateurs and even though it came out better than I expected, it’s still not perfect. There’s a lot of little msitakes here and there. But it looked great though! and most important of all we learned a bunch and we had a lot of fun!!

Material Notes

5 different types of lace, different widths of lace too. Veil, glue for fabric, starch, wire, plastic pieces for the neck piece.

Difficulty

Expert

Categories

For
Women
Garment Type
Costume

2 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • Lia_1_large

    Dec 15, 2009, 06.28 AMby liaspace

    wow

  • 100_6588_large

    Dec 14, 2009, 08.03 PMby xnickerxje

    I think you did an amazing job on the ruff (the neck piece). I mean, all of it is great, but that is wow! :)

    1 Reply
    • 76d31529c6f4d12e1859130354c310b1dbc9a09b_large

      Dec 14, 2009, 08.21 PMby helly-k

      Thanks!

      the neck piece was incredibly difficult to make. It had about 48 separate parts that had to be connected at the end. And it was made from 5 different types of lace. The lace had to be glued together to make the fabric that later was cut it in top the cone shapes. To keep it in place, coming out at a certain elevation from the shoulders was also a very hard. And we also made the choker but I don’t have pictures of that, it came out great.

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites 3 people added it

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//projects/lucys-weddingburial-gown-movie-from-dracula-by-francis-f-coppola