Love for houndstooth
Added May 12, 2013
I used my good, old self-drafted pattern, but had to add a waistband due to the too high waist from the original pattern (note to self: Measure how much and alter the pattern). Also, I had to adjust the waistline, as the waist was not in line at all, so I fastened the waistband 1.5 cm higher up in the back. Still the front waist line is actually higher than at the back, and there’s still wrinkles across my sway back. Annoying, but I’ll ignore it.
I made a kick pleat based on the tutorial from Threads Magazine . It’s a super easy, and very elegantly finished kick pleat! I recommend it. I also think it gives a little extra to the dress by breaking up the “big” back piece.
I didn’t do anything fancy on the inside of the dress. I’ve realised I’m not good in spending time with inside details – if I did, the dress would never be finished (and yes, I finished it the same evening as I was going out for drinks…). So there’s the red overlock threads for you, but I did give myself time to sew a label onto it.
Houndstooth fabric bought in Berlin