Added Jul 30, 2010
London, United K...
As I mentioned earlier (http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/grampa-shorts), I can’t stop making shorts. However, I did make a slight change to the original pattern, and that was simply to add some elastic in the legs to turn them into bloomers. They’re great for using up bits of fabric that are too large to be called ‘scraps’, but otherwise too small to turn into something like a top or a skirt.
I think these bloomers made a sweeter, more ladylike option to bike shorts, and they’ll help cover up your naughty bits if you’re in a nice summer dress.
The first two pairs were made with remnants of fabric from earlier dress projects, while the other two pairs were made with vintage pillowcases.
I’ve got quite a few craft fairs and markets coming up in August, so I’m going to bring them with me and see if customers like them.
cotton, polycotton, polyester thread, 1.5cm elastic
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.