Added Feb 16, 2009
So I made this using the JJ pattern as my base pattern. I just cut out one size larger then I regularly am, and made the overall length of all the body pieces and the sleeves longer. I sewed an elastic band to the waist area when the body pieces were sewn together. I wanted to make the sleeves shorter but I’ll do that next time and maybe a lighter color then the dark blue i chose.
sorry about the bad lighting ^_^llll
I was thinking of adding the ruffles as well but maybe I’ll do that later
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.