Lolly Shop Kristen
Added May 25, 2010
Ahhh!!! I am so excited I have finished this dress!!! I have been working on it on and off for months now in between Bambino Pack gifts for all my friends popping out bambinos etc.
I used a lovely Emily Bloom craft print cotton instead of the chiffon, and because both the front and the back of the print would be visible on the neck line I did a double collar – one in the main fabric and one in the contrast. I only applied interfacing to the main (lighter in weight) fabric.
I am very, very happy how this dress turned out, however I did have to make a lot of alterations to the pattern. After deciding that the bodice was far too long for me and far to “puffy” at the sides (I prefer a more tailored look on my figure or else I just look frumpy) I shorted the bodice and took the sides in. I then got a bit nervous about the whole thing, (this is my first time at making such hard-core alterations to a pattern) looked at the lovely Sweet Talk that gorgeous Threadsquare made, asked her about it and discovered she had made pretty much the same changes – then tried to stop procrastinating and went for it!
This dress and the alterations I made to the pattern have really given me a better insight into my figure (my bodice bit is wayyy to short – I can see that now in previous dresses I have made) and into pattern alteration. Pity I couldn’t get it finished before the cooler weather came in. Oh well – always next year!
I had planned a lovely autumnal photo shoot for this dress. Unfortunately after months of drought the rain came yesterday – and yes, the photos were taken in our bathroom! Classy!
Cotton lawn and Emily Bloom craft print cotton.