Added Aug 6, 2013
I love rompers and have always wanted to make one that would work with my smaller upper body and larger lower half, so I used McCall’s 6083/6533 (the 6533 one I used is out of print, but you can still get the 6083 one) to realize my vision.
It was a very easy pattern to cut and to sew, had I been able to just cut it and sew it. Unfortunately the pattern runs very short in the bodice, which is never a problem for me, so this must be a problem for everyone who tries this pattern (unless they are very short in the torso and also quite short overall). I did a tremendous amount of picking out stitches and re-sewing and added an invisible zip to ensure I could get in and out of it.
In the end I was pleased with my piece, so the effort was well worth it, but will be glad to try it again with an amended pattern with proper measurements added to the length.
You can read more here at my blog: http://mysuperfluities.blogspot.com/2013/08/made-by-me-file-little-kukla-flowers.html.
Quilting Cotton by Robert Kaufman. Very cute, Scandinavian inspired retro design.
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.