Added Feb 11, 2014
Washington Dc, U...
The bodice used was Butterick B5556 view A and the skirt was made by:
- Cutting two pieces of fabric 38"wide x 15" long
- Sew the two pieces together
- Attach the skirt to the bodice by lining up the side seam and remaining zipper
- With the remaining fabric in the middle of the seams, pleat as you go around
- Add a 4" band around the hem
-Add 2 1/2" band around the sleeves
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.