Added Feb 11, 2014
Washington Dc, U...
The bodice used was Butterick B5556 view A and the skirt was made by:
- Cutting two pieces of fabric 38"wide x 15" long
- Sew the two pieces together
- Attach the skirt to the bodice by lining up the side seam and remaining zipper
- With the remaining fabric in the middle of the seams, pleat as you go around
- Add a 4" band around the hem
-Add 2 1/2" band around the sleeves
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
The results are in! Check out our winning submission.
Daydream about fall sewing with boho layers, oversized jackets, and a leopard pencil skirt.
Get 9 patterns specially picked for shorter stitchers.
Member Project of the Week
Suzeb's superhero inspired swimsuit will make you want to be a kid again!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.