Added Apr 13, 2014
Discovery Bay, C...
So this is one of those projects that starts out one way and through a series of mishaps ends up better than the original idea. This was supposed to be a simple button up shirt with a little color blocking, but the sleeves I drafted for it didn’t turn out quite right so I chucked ‘em. I set it aside for a few days and as I was taking another look at it I realized that phlanges would solve the sleeve problem so I added them. Then I thought that a peplum would look really cute with everything I’d done so far and it did. :) Now it is the most popular item in my shop. I’m actually glad I screwed up those sleeves in the beginning because it led to a much more interesting design.
cotton blend, snaps
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.