Added Dec 14, 2013
the other day, i saw 2 of my old fabrics in my closet. i bought the other one so many years ago, and the other one around last year, and seeing them together now just created another crazy idea in my head.
i had wanted to make simple blouses/shirts from these two fabrics, and then i figured… why not just make one with long sleeves? since neither of the fabrics were long enough for long-sleeved blouse, i had to combine them. the pattern that made me even consider about making such a blouse was this, number 127 B from the May 2012 issue of Burda Style magazine (there’s only the A variation here in Burda Style website).
it didn’t seem that bad when i was making it. only after it was done and i tried it on did i see the problem: it was way too big. and i actually used the smallest size. the picture of the pattern made me believe that it wasn’t as big as it actually is. but oh well, it was done and i really didn’t want to start making it smaller on the sides and the sleeves… so i just cut the shoulder parts a bit to make some peep holes.
it seemed like a good idea at the time, but as i tried it on again, it made me feel like i’m wearing a Card Captor Sakura cosplay costume. gah. but WHAT-E-V-E-R.
wearing it with normal-looking trousers makes me look a bit more sane, thankfully. (at least i hope so!)
total of around 2 m of cotton fabric (110 cm wide),
4 shirt buttons,
around 1 m of bias tape (for the shoulder peep holes)
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.