Added Feb 5, 2014
Wellington, New ...
Black linen blend jumpsuit based on the Burda Long Jumpsuit.
Click “View All” images if they are looking squashed :)
I did quite a few adjustments to this project before making it up. I first made a toile to get sizing right. I am 5’10" and this pattern was cut for a petite size, which I certainly am not. I decided to leave the body length as I liked the fit of it better up high on my waist. I didn’t do the pockets either because it added bulk to the hips and was not flattering on my body shape. I also tapered in the legs to give a slimmer fit. I didn’t want gathered sleeves in my version so adjusted the sleeve pattern piece to remove the gather altogether. I will add belt loops to the back, as the belt sits better with them. I also drafted up a facing for the neck/front to make it a bit more sophisticated, rather than the binding. I also adjusted the front/centre of the pants and closed up the front gusset/panel part that folds over . It looks much tidier.
This project was simple for me, but I am an intermediate/advanced sewer. I definitely find that BurdaStyle patterns in general require some prior sewing and garment construction knowledge by the maker, as some instructions can seem vague or incomplete.
Overall I am really stoked with this project. The fabric works really well. I opted for a drapey fabric as the more structured wovens tend not to flatter the design. But perhaps that is just my preference. I will make another one of these in future. Possibly out of a drapey denim blend.
The shoes are Funkis brand in case anyone is curious. The leather darkens over time into a deep honey brown. Very comfy and made in Sweden! www.funkis.com