Added Feb 22, 2014
This blouse was a little bit of a mistake in many ways…. I had bought a very small amount of a liberty print cotton, in a fantastic map print around 3-4 years ago. It was a favorite print and I held off making something for a long time. Finally I decided to try out one of the tops from the Japanese pattern book series, but, I cut something out very wrongly and ended up with an overly wide neck. Disappointed I left it unfinished for a couple of years.
Finally, I decided to try to finish off the top so I could wear it. I gathered the neckline and used a grey bias binding for the neck and sleeves. I left it wide to finish off the waistband. Since I’d bought such a small piece of fabric (and cut the original facings wrong—I seriously have no idea what happened here) I didn’t have enough to make self-fabric bias binding, which is usually my preferred option.
Nolli is an architectural term for a city plan that shows only the massing of buildings.
Liberty cotton in a map print that I’ve never seen since. Purchased around 2010.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.