Added Mar 4, 2010
The motivation for making this coat was so I wouldn’t freeze for during this month as I attempt my self-imposed Me-Made-March challenge. So I managed to make the least subtle coat in Catalunya!
I used a vintage pattern I bought on eBay a few years ago. As usual, I couldn’t find the motivation to make a toile to check the fit issues, and jeez does this coat have a couple, particularly round the bust area. But I think I can reduce this with a little work. I think the busy-ness of the print hides the worst of it anyways. Overall, I love my crazy coat!
More deets on my blog here:
Leopard print upholstery fabric that is kind of suedey feeling. Vintage buttons. Shot taffeta lining
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.