Added Aug 16, 2010
Montalto Dora, I...
Capri pants that went wrong. Burda Italy pattern
Ok, so here’s what I learnt:
The pattern was too small for my shape, which has changed recently. I cut the 44 but had to make tiny seams to make room. I lengthened the crotch, but made it too long at first, then cut off as I tacked and fitted.
I think the biggest problem is the fabric doesn’t suit the pattern. The bottom of the leg is quite narrow and I think it would have been better if it was wider. However, this was an offcut so I only had that and no more. I should have chosen the fabric to suit the pattern and vice versa. I think this would be better in a stretch fabric. The big lessons I’ve learnt are: measure twice and cut once and choose the right fabric for the pattern. Hope this helps any other sewers out there ; )
Light cotton fabric, but quite stiff.
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.