Added Aug 18, 2013
Sussex, United K...
A simple summer dress made from an old pattern I found in my cupboard, Butterick 6161. I had to make the shoulders narrow and the neckline a little lower. I drafted a facing for the neck and armholes as one piece. I added patch pockets using Angela Kane’s pinafore dress pattern. I made the facings and linings with a contrasting fabric. Nothing fancy but I’m pleased with the fit and it’s so comfortable.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.