Added Aug 18, 2013
Sussex, United K...
A simple summer dress made from an old pattern I found in my cupboard, Butterick 6161. I had to make the shoulders narrow and the neckline a little lower. I drafted a facing for the neck and armholes as one piece. I added patch pockets using Angela Kane’s pinafore dress pattern. I made the facings and linings with a contrasting fabric. Nothing fancy but I’m pleased with the fit and it’s so comfortable.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.