Added Aug 18, 2013
Sussex, United K...
A simple summer dress made from an old pattern I found in my cupboard, Butterick 6161. I had to make the shoulders narrow and the neckline a little lower. I drafted a facing for the neck and armholes as one piece. I added patch pockets using Angela Kane’s pinafore dress pattern. I made the facings and linings with a contrasting fabric. Nothing fancy but I’m pleased with the fit and it’s so comfortable.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.