Added Jun 24, 2011
I made Colette Patterns Sorbetto top in a lightweight lavender linen. I made quite a few changes, and have made a couple more on my pattern pieces.
First, I adjusted the pattern to better match my bodice block. To do this, I made a “swayback” or “large behind” adjustment to the back, and created a centre back seam. I did a full bust adjustment to the front, and lengthened the top by 4 inches at the side seams, and 6 inches at the centre back and centre front.
I borrowed an idea I’ve seen elsewhere, and only partly sewed the tuck, to make the top extra breezy.
I now have a blouse that makes me look pregnant, but I don’t care. It’s so light and comfortable – I’ll be making more for sure!
linen, single fold bias tape
- Colette Patterns Sorbetto Top