Added May 21, 2012
Brooklyn, New Yo...
I made this dress from two vintage patterns. The bodice is from a 1970’s maxi dress and the skirt is from a 1940’s day dress. I found the fabric for $1.99 a yard so I bought quite a lot of it. It’s a very lightweight jersey with a transparent pattern to it. I like the way it came out, but I found I had some puckering issues when sewing two layers of the purple fabric, even when I adjusted the differential feed. I think it might be because of the varying thickness of the fabric.
I lined it with some nude colored jersey. I made the skirt lining shorter to give it an airy feel. It’s very comfortable and has pockets!
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.