Added Mar 26, 2013
I made a bra! Impressed, inspired and instructed by various sewing blogists, especially Sigrid, whose tutorial I followed: http://sigridsewingprojects.blogspot.nl/2012/02/merckwaerdigh-bhs10-construction-part-1.html, I actually made a bra, and I’m tickled pink! I used the Merckwaerdigh bhs 10 pattern, version D, with some modification of the bridge and reducng cup fullness to achieve that rare beast, an unlined, un-padded AA! It looks good (in my modest opinion!), it fits perfectly, and I feel like a million dollars in it! It did take a very long time, what with making muslins and getting to know my sewing machine better, but hopefully I will speed up with practice. Aha, a world of possibility opens before me!
Stretch lace and elastic
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.