Added Aug 23, 2010
It took me ages to sew this very easy Anda dress, from Burdastyle again.
I’ve cut out the fabric in March, made the altered neckline, and even basted the dress together to leave it for the whole summer in the case. First I didn’t really like the drawstring, the loose shape, especially the back was so puffy, that I’ve planned to alter it, then I unfortunately threw it away.
The story continued, when before our holiday I’ve planned to finish it just as it was. After a few days I saw that on the Grosgrain blog they choose this pattern for the July’s FbF. But somehow I didn’t find the time (haha, two hours!) and maybe nor inspiration… After we’ve turned back home, and I’ve finally made a little sewing place, I took out all the little waiting projects – buttons to replace, a skirt to mend, a new jeans to shorten, my husband’s two workshop aprons, etc., and the Anda dress too.
Yesterday was so hot, we planned to go down to the lake at the afternoon, and while my daughter was sleeping, I quickly finished the dress. I still had to add the binding to the sleeves, sew the sides with the in-seam pockets, and make the hem. I decided to add elastic to the bottom, I love the balloon shape more than the original drawstring.
The story turned into success, I wore my new dress at the lake and I got some nice compliments from my friends, too. Now I could bang my head against the wall, why did I wait untill the end of the summer to sew this lovely dress…