Added Mar 31, 2011
I initially bought this fabric to make a dress for New Year’s Eve, using TR technique to make the origami dress. But as you can see in the last picture, the result wasn’t great, I made it too small and it looked awkward (in the dress I wanted to reproduct, the origami takes all the chest and so it looks like a flower just opening…).
Anyway after this big failure, I left the fabric aside for a while, and finally used it for that design!
I drafted the top myself (using a french book, not so good), and for the skirt I used a pattern from lauramendoza, here on Burdastyle.
I tried to modify it because I wanted an A-line skirt with the petals keeping straight, but I was afraid it would show my legs too much, so in the end I came back to almost the original design.
Finally, I’m pretty happy with that dress, except that it comes a little high on the legs between the petals… At least I stitched them together, so they won’t fly around!
Invisible zipper, biais binding.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.