Added Nov 21, 2012
There were a fair few patterns from burda 11/2012 I wanted to make, including #108/109. So I ran up a toile.. and I hated it. It was too long, too big and too shapeless. I set about making corrections when I realised it was all far too frustrating. So I got out my pattern cutting stuff and made my own version. For loads more info on how I did it, see my blog . There are two consecutive posts for this project. I used a beautiful blue and ecru floral print viscose that I bought from Tatler’s Fabrics in Derby in April. This fabric has the most stunning colour, and drapes beautifully.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.