Added Dec 4, 2011
This knit top barely resembles the Burda pattern I started out with. The problem was that I wanted to add a peter pan collar to it and failed miserably (as I always do when I try to make a peter pan collar.) In the end, I chopped off the neckline about three times (thus making this boatneck a Titanic-sized boatneck) and did some reconstructive work. I added a front panel from the leftovers of my last project, the Billowy Blouse. As well, I gathered the front, shortened the sleeves, the overall length, and added contrasting sleeve cuffs.
I didn’t have a photographer on hand and engaged the assistance of local logs and branches.
I wrote some more about the project on my blog
Knit, cotton; polyester